Passive Pervert #ATOZCHALLENGE - P

“Oh him? He is slightly dumb, but he’s sweet.”
“See I told you, you won’t believe me.”
“Come on Alia, just let go.”
“Sumi, just listen to Alia.”
“Thanks Tarun. He comes too close for comfort, and if you even hint any resistance he 
gives you the nastiest glares. Forget that, he started hounding me on project emails as well, 
and for no apparent reason. Even the manager never said anything to him.”
“On official email? How?”
“He’s not that conversant in English, and in very confusing phrases he outright blamed me 
for this outage. And when I asked for a clarification regarding what went wrong, he was even 
more vague. And something tells me he is well-protected here too, given that even my manager 
kept mum. This means women who work with him are not protected.”
“Then raise it with ethics na.”
“See Sumi, it’s not that simple. Like I said, someone here has him shielded. So he’s going to get 
away with it. I’m angry enough to kick him where it hurts the most. He should remember it each
time he stares at women with a roving eye.”
“You need to ignore some things in the work place and focus on work. See you two, I need to 
run.”
“Bye Sumi.”
“Chill Alia, and don’t overthink.”
“My stomach’s still churning at the thought of working with that creep.”
“True that. He keeps staring inappropriately at women. And yes, most women ignore him.”
He passed by again, giving Alia a hard, threatening stare.“How will I prove anything? Neither 
has he said anything nor has he done anything inappropriate. He just gets into your personal 
space. Too close for comfort, you know? And seriously, this place is hopeless to raise such 
issues.”
“Don’t get so worked up Alia.”
“Sumi just won’t hear anything against him. I don’t know why. I’m suffering this while he is 
happily romping about. This project is panning out well otherwise, given the hard work I put in, 
but instead of feeling happy I am feeling horrified.”
“Trust me, I know how you feel.”
 “To make my life worse, it’s another late night for me today. Guess will need to munch on
 dinner as I work.”
“Hey, take heart. This too shall pass.”
“Thanks man. It shall.”
Just as she took the first bite she heard someone sniggering in the backdrop.“That man again. 
He is actually spying on me.”
“You know Tarun, when we work hard here people hardly notice, but they have radars up for 
stuff that does not concern them. Are people really so free here?”
Her pitch had upped several notches.
The man shriveled in his seat, sank into his laptop and never looked up again. His cowardice had
got the better of him.
She had won this battle. But this was still his turf and he would bounce back. Without any 
arbitration, this war would go on for long. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee and Conversations #ATOZCHALLENGE - C

Dearest Dad #ATOZCHALLENGE - D